The IAG is getting re-established during the fall/winter 2011 time frame. Additional information will be posted as details are confirmed.
Provide broad industry input and perspectives on those issues of critical significance to USD(I) which contribute to a globally networked, integrated intelligence enterprise.
In 2008, the Office of the DoD Chief Information Officer (CIO) asked AFEI to form a working group to analyze the issues surrounding shared-services and to recommend strategies and policies incentivizing the implementation and adoption of shared-services within DoD. The White Paper provided the initial response as a broad framework for shared-service solutions. The recommendations represented the collective inputs of focused debate around enterprise development in the private sector and how those technologies and practices should be adapted to fit within DoD (warfighter, business, and intelligence domain users) plus where the timescale for decisions is more rapid, the security needs more demanding and the users more intertwined.
As a result of the White Paper and follow on briefings, AFEI was asked to create the IAG.
Potential Deliverables and Products:
- Recommendations on implementation of SOA and data-sharing.
- Assessments of impacts to business models.
- Recommendations on the common security challenges such as identity and privilege management.
- New approaches to acquisition language and solicitation clauses.
- Policy changes which enhance or enable interoperability.
- Changes to existing architectures or standards
For information contact Tammy Kicker