The AFEI mission is to support the advancement of enterprise information environments for the CIO community through industry/government collaboration. The information technology landscape changes rapidly, challenging the community to keep pace. AFEI provides:
Collaboration – address critical information issues with government.
Insight – gain understanding of evolving policy and business.
Connection – network with government and industry decision makers.
Trust – establish credibility as thought leader on critical topics.
Community – share best practices in information sharing, management and protection.
AFEI members engage with government stakeholders to provide dialog and assessments of the implementation of emerging technology trends such as
- SOA, cloud computing, mobile.
- agile development, architecture, Web 2.0/3.0, social media
- identity management, data analytics
- standards-based innovation, enterprise cyber security
- DevOps, open source and standards implementation
AFEI sponsors industry studies, joint working groups with Government, workshops, roundtables, symposia and conferences. Membership consists of major technology vendors, systems integrators, service providers, FFRDC's, Government, academic institutions and innovative high-tech companies.
AFEI is a leader in establishing opportunities for trusted collaboration on enterprise information issues among government, business and academia.
The Association for Enterprise Information (AFEI) is an affiliate to the National Defense Industrial Association (NDIA).
National Defense Industrial Association, the leading industry association, is dedicated to national security through maintaining a robust industrial base. As an affiliate of the National Defense Industrial Association, AFEI subscribes to the highest ethical standards, as defined in the NDIA Code of Ethics.
NDIA has been in continuous operation for over 90 years. It traces its legacy back to the Army Ordnance Association established in 1919 at the conclusion of World War I. NDIA is America’s leading Defense Industry association promoting National Security. Its mission is to:
- ADVOCATE: Cutting-edge technology and superior weapons, equipment, training, and support for the War-Fighter and First Responder
- PROMOTE: A vigorous, responsive, Government – Industry National Security Team
- PROVIDE: A legal and ethical forum for exchange of information between Industry and Government on National Security issues
NDIA: Strength through Industry and Technology